Michael S. Moore
Labor & Employment
- [email protected]
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
Michael S. Moore is a partner in the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group with an emphasis on employment discrimination defense. He specializes in litigation of discrimination cases, wage-hour collective actions, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, FMLA and employee and supervisor training. He is also a frequent speaker on a variety of employment law topics. Mike has extensive experience before the EEOC and the Wage-Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor, as well as litigation experience in both federal and state courts. He is a member of the Pulaski County, Arkansas and American Bar Associations.
Mike is also deeply involved in the business community. He is a board member of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce and is the chair of its Unemployment Insurance Committee. He also has been a member of the Greater Little Rock Chamber of Commerce Leadership Greater Little Rock Advisory Board and was co-chair and chair of the XXV and XXI of that program as well as a past graduate.
He has served on a number of non-profit boards in central Arkansas including the American Heart Association, Downtown Rotary Club and the Wolfe Street Foundation. He has also served the Arkansas Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program (JLAP) for the past six years and recently was presented the Award of Excellence by the Pulaski County Bar Association for his work with the organization.
Mike was named by The Best Lawyers in America as "Lawyer of the Year" in 2018 for his work in employment law management and "Lawyer of the Year" in 2020 for his work in labor law management.
He recently completed a six year term as the Chair of the Arkansas Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program. He currently sits on the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Lawyer Well Being.
He is top-ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a publication respected for the caliber of its research on listed lawyers. In a recent edition of the publication, it writes:
“Routinely impressing clients with his top-quality work, respected attorney Michael Moore is a leading figure in the market.”
He is also acknowledged in Mid-South Super Lawyers for his work in employment and labor, business litigation and civil rights/first Amendment.
Outside of the office, Michael is an avid runner and cyclist on the Arkansas River Trail in Little Rock.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 1982
- University of Arkansas, B.S.B.A., 1979
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management, Labor Law - Management, Litigation - Labor and Employment, since 2006
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers for Employment and Labor, Business Litigation, and Civil Rights/First Amendment
- Named by The Best Lawyers in America as "Lawyer of the Year," Employment Law - Management, Little Rock, 2018 and "Lawyer of the Year," Labor Law - Management, Little Rock, 2020
- Presented the Award of Excellence by the Pulaski County Bar Association, 2019
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Labor and Employment
- Received the Arkansas JLAP Justice Robert L. Brown Community Support Award, 2019
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers, since 2006
Associations & Memberships
- American Heart Association, Central Arkansas, past board member
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Commission on Diversity, Co-Chair of Mentorship Committe
- Arkansas Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program Committee, Chair & Vice President, past
- Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, board member
- Downtown Little Rock Rotary Club, past board member
- Department of Workforce Services Advisory Council
- LR Racial & Cultural Diversity Commission, past
- Leadership Greater Little Rock - Greater Little Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Advisory Board
- Co-chair of Class of XXV and chair of Class of XXVI
- Graduate Class of XXII
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Unemployment Insurance Committee, chair
- University of Arkansas Faculty Award, Criminal Law Studies, 1982
- Wolfe Street Foundation, past board member
- Arkansas, 1982
- United States District Courts for Eastern & Western Districts of Arkansas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit