In the current banking climate of growing competitive pressures and increasing regulations, you need a law firm that focuses on your needs. We provide guidance and assistance to banks, holding companies, mortgage lenders and other providers of financial products, helping them weave their way through intricate state and federal banking statutes and regulations.
Focused on Clients
- Arkansas Bankers Association
- Arkansas Development Finance Authority
- Leading regional banks and bank holding companies
- Mortgage lenders
- Providers of financial services and products
Focused on Services
Commercial Lending - Our lawyers have a clear understanding of how to protect the lender’s interests within a borrower’s comfort level on a wide range of lending transactions. That includes revolving loans, term loans, revolving and term-loan packages, multiple borrower transactions, loan participations, acquisition loans, letter of credit facilities and special purpose loans. We help our clients comply with the Uniform Commercial Code as well as the requirements for proper collateral protection in the event of default or bankruptcy.
Regulatory Compliance - From the Bank Control Act to the requirements of the Bank Secrecy and USA Patriot Acts, our lawyers understand the federal regulatory regime and work to help keep our clients stay in compliance. At the state level, we offer full support in matters before the Arkansas State Bank Department.
Litigation - We handle litigation and arbitration of customer disputes alleging inappropriate investment and trading strategies by securities broker-dealers, and are well versed in dispute resolution before panels of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and its predecessor body, the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD). Our litigators have also regularly represented broker-dealers before those panels, in customer disputes as well as controversies involving non-competition and non-solicitation contract provisions.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Whole bank acquisitions
- Branch purchase transactions
- Holding company formation
- Formation, chartering and reorganizations
- Corporate matters
- Bankruptcy and foreclosures
- Labor and employment matters
- Employee benefits/ERISA
- Trust and estate planning
- Tax credit financing (new market credits)
- Securities, offerings and compliance
- Loan opinions
- Asset-based financing and secured lending transactions, including synthetic leases