Jason N. Bramlett
Banking & Finance
- 3425 North Futrall Drive Suite 103 Fayetteville, Arkansas 72703-6252
Jason Bramlett has a comprehensive practice focusing on the representation of financial institutions and commercial parties in connection with a broad spectrum of issues, including:
- Structuring, negotiation, and drafting of real estate and asset-based credit facilities for both lenders and borrowers.
- Providing advice, counsel, and representation regarding troubled debt restructurings, bankruptcy, foreclosure and workouts.
- Representing parties in connection with commercial real estate dispositions, leasing and other related matters.
- Commercial and bankruptcy litigation.
Jason has a unique practice in that he regularly represents clients on the myriad issues that present themselves in a financial transaction. For over four years after law school, Jason was an associate at a well-respected law firm in Dallas, Texas, practicing in its financial reorganization and restructuring department. While at that law firm, he regularly represented secured lenders, debtors-in-possession and creditors’ committees in connection with their respective interests in bankruptcy proceedings throughout the country.
After joining Friday, Eldredge & Clark, Jason maintained a financial reorganization and restructuring practice and likewise significantly focused his practice on assisting financial institutions and other commercial parties in the issues they encounter on a daily basis, including all aspects relating to the origination of commercial lending and credit facilities and the associated issues that arise in the event a loan is need of restructuring, modification, or litigation for the purpose of enforcing or protecting the rights of the lender or borrower.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2001; Recipient of IOLTA Scholarship, Recipient of Pearson Fellowship, Executive Editor of the Arkansas Law Review
- University of Arkansas, Sam W. Walton College of Business, B.S.B.A in Accounting, cum laude, 1998; Golden Key Honor Society: Treasurer, Beta Alpha Psi Honorary Accounting Fraternity
- Graduate of Leadership Arkansas, 2013
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, since 2010
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2008
- Publication: Walton v. Lewis, Chipping Away at the Policy and Precedent of Mandatory Arbitration in Arkansas, 54 ARK. L. REV. 285 (2001)
- Publication: Filing the Chapter 11 Case and Stabilizing the Business, Co-Authored with Honorable Dennis Michael Lynn, William K. Synder, and Richard M. Roberson, presented at Turnaround Management Association Conference, Dallas, Texas, October 2003
- Grinnell v. Garnet Real Estate, LLC, 2013 Ark. App. 273 (Ark. App. 2013) (represented a financial institution in connection with its assertion of rights under a guaranty against the guarantor of a mezzanine loan)
- May Construction Co., Inc. v. Chambers Bank of North Arkansas, et al., 2011 Ark. 281 (Ark. 2011) (represented a financial institution asserting its rights under a mortgage lien and the defense against an assertion of priority by a construction lienor)
- In re Athletic Clubs of America, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Arkansas, Case No. 5:09-bk-73460 (represented Chapter 11 debtor in connection with its bankruptcy proceeding ultimately resulting in a confirmed plan of reorganization)
- Vitro America, Inc. v. Dixie Construction, LLC, et al., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 58440 (W.D. Ark. 2008) (represented a financial institution in connection with the foreclosure of its mortgage lien securing a $10.135 million loan and the defense against approximately $1.6 million in construction liens)
- Haynes v. Donckers (In re Donckers), 360 B.R. 905 (Bankr. W.D. Ark. 2007) (represented a creditor in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy that was asserting rights under a mortgage lien it acquired from a separate financial institution)
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Athletes Outreach, Board Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Texas Bar Association
- Arkansas, 2002
- Texas, 2001
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas