Jamie Huffman Jones
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
Jamie Huffman Jones is a partner in the Litigation Practice Group and a member of the firm's Management Committee. She focuses primarily on class actions and appellate procedure in the defense of class actions, constitutionality issues in class actions and commercial disputes. Jamie also handles FELA litigation and regulatory litigation for the largest Class One freight railroad in the country and Section 1983 litigation for municipal clients.
Jamie has successfully represented clients in a wide-range of matters, including wrongful death claims, toxic tort claims, product liability claims, class actions and the Arkansas Trade Secrets Act. She has argued before the Arkansas Supreme Court on issues such as the constitutionality of the Arkansas Civil Justice Reform Act.
Jamie has lectured extensively on issues surrounding electronic discovery and on online research at the Arkansas Bar Association’s Annual Meeting and Mid-Year Meeting, Eighth Circuit Practicum and Best of CLE. She was also interviewed by Arkansas Business concerning her views on electronic discovery.
She has been selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2008 and named a "Rising Star." In 2015, Arkansas Business named Jamie one of the "Best Lawyers" in Business Litigation and in 2017 was named "40 Under 40" by the publication. Jamie was elected in 2016 to the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel and received the Arkansas Bar Association's Presidential Award of Excellence in 2017 for her work on the Drafting Task Force.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2003; Order of the Coif; Managing Editor, Kansas Law Review, University of Kansas School of Law Class of 1949 Class Leadership Award, 2003
- University of Arkansas, B.A., in Psychology, magna cum laude, 2000; W.J. Richards Memorial Award, University of Arkansas Psychology Department, 2000, SILO Undergraduate Research Fellow, 2000, Dean's Scholar, 2000
- Appointed by the Arkansas Supreme Court to serve on the Model Jury Instructions - Civil Committee, 2018
- Awarded the Presidental Award of Excellence by the Arkansas Bar Association, 2017
- Named "40 Under 40" by Arkansas Business, 2017
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star," since 2008
- Top score on Arkansas Bar Exam, July 2003
- University of Kansas School of Law "Class of 1949 Class Leadership Award," 2003
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Association of Defense Council
- Arkansas Arts Center, Current Ex-Officio Trustee of Board of Trustees
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association House of Delegates, Pulaski County, elected 2013
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, elected 2018
- Chi Omega
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, member
- Defense Research Institute
- IADC Trial Academy, 2008
- Junior League of Litle Rock: Sustainer and Past Member of Board of Directors, Member of the Year 2013
- Leadership Academy Graduate, 2013
- Leadership Greater Little Rock graduate, Class XXXIII, 2018
- Overton Inn of Court
- Phi Delta Phi
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Arkansas, 2003
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas