James C. Baker
- [email protected]
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
James C. Baker focuses his practice on the areas of casualty insurance defense, commercial and construction litigation. He has first-chaired more than 120 jury trials to verdict and he has represented clients in more than 300 non-jury trials, arbitrations and mediations.
J.C. speaks regularly on matters regarding trial practice and workers’ compensation, addressing self-insureds, the Arkansas Bar Association, insurance companies and trade and industry associations.
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Leflar Law Center, J.D., 1986
- Hendrix College, B.A., 1983
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigations - Defendants, since 2011
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Jones Bros., Inc. v. Whitlock, 366 Ark. 254 (2006)
- Thornton v. Arkansas Valley Electric Cooperative Corp., 95 Ark. App. 151 (Ark. App. 2006)
- CDI Contractors, LLC v. Allbrite Electrical Contractors, Inc.,780 So.2d 963 (Fla. 5th DCA 2001) and on second appeal 836 So.2d 1031 (Fla. 5th DCA 2003)
- Stolze v. Arkansas Valley Electric Cooperative Corp., 354 Ark. 601 (2003)
- Woodline Motor Freight v. Troutman Oil Company, 327 Ark. 448 (1997)
- Johnson v. First Electric Cooperative Corp., 2008.
- Saline County, Arkansas, defense verdict in a wrongful death case arising out of an electrocution
- Cook v. Clarksville Refrigerated Lines, 2006.
- Conway County, Arkansas, defense verdict in a wrongful death and personal injury case arising out of a commercial motor vehicle accident
- DeWeese v. United Parcel Service, 2004.
- Conway County, Arkansas, defense verdict in a wrongful death case arising out of a UPS package car accident and $5,000,000 verdict in favor of UPS driver on his counterclaim against the estate for personal injuries
- ACE Insurance Company
Arkansas Electric Cooperative, Inc.
CDI Contractors, LLC
Cigna Insurance Company
Entergy Arkansas, Inc.
Federated Rural Electric Ins. Co.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Progressive Northwestern Ins. Co.
Safeco Insurance Company
The largest Class One freight railroad in the country
United Parcel Service
Associations & Memberships
- DRI (formerly Defense Research Institute)
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Arkansas, 1986
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas