K. Coleman Westbrook Jr.
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
K. Coleman Westbrook, Jr., is a partner in the firm’s Trust and Estate Planning Practice Group. His practice consists of performing analysis and planning for individuals with regard to gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer taxes; charitable and other lifetime and testamentary transfers; probate and estate, trust and non-profit/tax-exempt administration.
Coleman’s practice includes the drafting of and advising wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorney, living wills, beneficiary designations and beneficiary deeds with regard to testamentary planning. In addition, he works with clients on estate planning, including estate planning trusts, life insurance trusts, family business transfers and agreements and family limited partnerships and limited liability companies. His work also includes working with charities and non-profits in planning and administration. Coleman's practice also includes estate/trust administration and probate, including estate and gift tax returns.
Coleman is a Fellow in the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel and was named "Lawyer of the Year" in 2018 by The Best Lawyers in America for his work in non-profit/charities law.
- University of Florida College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1993
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 1992
- Harding University, B.B.A. in Accounting, cum laude, 1989
- Arkansas Bar Association Best of CLE Presenter, 2002, 2003, 2006 and 2008
- Arkansas Business 40 under 40, 2003
- Fellow, American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, since 2008
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Non-Profit/Charities and Trusts & Estates, since 2007
- Named by The Best Lawyers in America as "Lawyer of the Year" Non-Profit/Charities Law, Little Rock, 2018
- Presenter for various organizations including Arkansas Bar Association, Arkansas Bankers Association, Arkansas Financial Planning Association and Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers, since 2009
- Voted by the readers of AY Magazine for inclusion in the “Best Lawyers in Arkansas,” Trusts and Estates, 2018
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Foundation Professional Advisory Committee
- Arkansas Nonprofit Alliance, Director
- Central Arkansas Estate Council, Past President and Past Director
- Leave a Legacy Arkansas, Past Chairperson
- Partnership for Philanthropic Planning (formerly National Committee on Planned Giving) - Arkansas Chapter, Past President and Past Director
- UAMS Consortium, Past Chairperson
- Arkansas, 1992
- Tennessee, 1993