Associations and Memberships
Donald H. Bacon is of counsel in both the Litigation Practice Group and Medical Malpractice Practice Group. While he has represented a diverse set of clients in a variety of litigation, most recently, his focus has been in the area of professional liability representing lawyers, doctors, accountants and insurance agents. In addition to representing them in court, he has represented lawyers before the Office of Professional Conduct and has represented doctors before the State Medical Board. He continues to litigate in a number of other areas such as product liability, aviation and wrongful death.
As part of his statewide practice, he has handled cases in the majority of state circuit courts and Federal District Courts in Arkansas. His many years of experience include 180+ jury trials in varied areas of law.
Don’s designations as a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and a Diplomate in the American Board of Trial Advocacy verify his experience. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2005 for his work in Legal Malpractice Law, Medical Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation and in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in Litigation: General Commercial. In addition, he was chosen "Arkansas’ Outstanding Defense Attorney" for 2003-2004.
Don has presented a number of CLE programs to the Arkansas bar on issues of lawyer’s ethics and ways to avoid malpractice.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., With Honors, 1978; Arkansas Law Review, Articles Editor and Associate Editor
- University of Arkansas, B.A., Omicron Delta Kappa
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Diplomate
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL) Fellow
- Articles Editor and Associate Editor of the Arkansas Law Review
- District Attorney for the largest Class One freight railroad in the country, 1991-2005
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, since 2005:
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, Little Rock
- Pulaski County Special Judge
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers, Litigation: General Commercial, 2018
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel Outstanding Defense Attorney Award, 2003-2004
- Received the Sidney S. McMath Professionalism Award, 2018
- Selected to the Mid-South Super Lawyers List, since 2006:
- "Top 50: Arkansas Super Lawyers," 2006-2007, 2012-2017
- Most recent trial defended a Fortune 500 company in a wrongful death suit.
- Recent cases defending lawyers in professional liability matters have involved clients practicing in the areas of bankruptcy, financial sureties, guardianships, estates, medical malpractice, domestic relations and criminal law.
Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Diplomate, former Chapter President and National Board Representative
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow and former State Chair
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, former President
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Fuse, Board Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, 1985-2012
- Ordained Ministry of Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church, Board Member
- Pulaski County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 1996-1997
- St. James United Methodist Church, Chancellor
- William R. Overton American Inn of Court, Master of the Bench, 2008-2014
- Arkansas, 1978
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas; Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals