Katie Watson Bingham
State and federal tax deadlines extended for residents of counties affected by the tornados
Due to the tornadoes that ripped across Pulaski, Lonoke, and Cross counties, state and federal tax filing and payment deadlines for residents and businesses in these counties have been extended to July 31, 2023.
At the federal level, this extension applies to the filing of the following returns by residents of and businesses and other entities located in the above-referenced counties that have either an original or extended due date occurring on or after March 31, 2023, and before July 31, 2023:
• individual, corporate, estate and trust income tax returns;
• partnership returns, S corporation returns and trust returns;
• estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax returns;
• annual information returns of tax-exempt organizations;
• and employment and certain excise tax returns.
Estimated income tax payments originally due on or after March 31, 2023, and before July 31, 2023, are similarly postponed for Affected Taxpayers until July 31, 2023.
At the state level, the individual income tax filing date and individual income tax payment date have been extended to July 31, 2023, for residents of Pulaski, Lonoke, and Cross counties. This extension includes returns for S-corporations, trusts and estates, partnerships, and composite returns.
You can read more here: