Robert W. George
Commercial Litigation & Regulatory
- 3350 S Pinnacle Hills Pkwy Suite 301 Rogers, Arkansas 72758
Robert W. George brings a wealth of knowledge and skill to the firm’s litigation and regulatory practice. His focus consists of a multifaceted business litigation practice in both federal and state courts and includes defending clients against environmental and toxic tort claims, as well as commercial disputes or involving fraud, theft or unfair competition. His practice also involves the defense of claims involving class actions, trade secrets, false advertising and trademark infringement.
Robert serves as outside general counsel for multi-billion dollar cooperative lender.
Prior to joining the firm, Robert was the vice president of litigation and regulatory affairs for Tyson Foods, Inc. He led a team of lawyers responsible for regulatory compliance, civil and criminal litigation management, patent prosecution and internal investigations. This previous experience as corporate counsel for 10 years in the food industry equipped him with a specific skillset and extensive knowledge of regulatory and liability issues arising from the production, labeling and marketing of food products. He frequently represented the company’s interests with government regulators and policy makers at both the state and federal levels.
Prior to joining Tyson, he practiced law at both a regional and a national law firm where he worked closely with several large Fortune 200 corporations.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 1998; Arkansas Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- Arkansas State University, B.S., Political Science, 1995
- The Next Big Wave? Class Actions Against the Food Industry, DRI Business Litigation – The Voice, 2013
- Arkansas’ Privity Requirement for Attorney and Accountant Liability, Vol. 51, No. 4, Arkansas Law Review, 1999
- Prognosis Questionable: An Examination of the Constitutional Health of the Arkansas Medical Malpractice Statute of Repose, Vol. 50, No. 4, Arkansas Law Review, 1999
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel, 2008-2017
- Defense Research Institute
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- One Egg, Board Member
- Arkansas, 1998
- Oklahoma, 2001
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2001
- United States Supreme Court, 2004
- United States District Courts in Arkansas and Oklahoma