Ryan A. Bowman
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
Ryan A. Bowman heads up the firm's Public Finance Practice Group and is a member of the Management Committee. He has practiced exclusively in the area of public finance since 2000. His practice encompasses bond offerings issued by or on behalf of the various public instrumentalities in Arkansas.
Ryan’s work is focused on the financing of public and nonprofit projects throughout Arkansas, including bonds sold by underwriters, bonds placed with local banks and governmental agencies, such as the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission and the Arkansas Development Finance Authority and bonds sold at public sale.
The bond issues have been structured as new money issues, refunding issues, and a combination of new money and refunding. He has performed the role of bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and trustee’s counsel in these transactions.
Ryan is recognized by being listed by The Best Lawyers in America for his work in public finance and municipal law. He is also listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for municipal bonds. According to the publication, a client stated this about Ryan:
"He is excellent, pays very good attention to details and always meets his deadlines."
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2000; Arkansas Law Review, Executive Editor, 1999-2000
- Harding University, B.S., Public Administration, summa cum laude, 1997
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, Municipal Law
- Publication: Grayson v. Bank of Little Rock: The Battle Between an Attorney's Lien and a Security Interest, 52 Ark. L. Rev. 827 (1999)
- Ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/Commercial: Municipal Bonds
- $21,395,000 National Park College District General Obligation Refunding and Improvement Bonds, Series 2018
- $20,175,000 City of Hot Springs, Arkansas Waterworks Revenue Bonds, Series 2018
- $37,570,000 Mountain Home School District No. 9 of Baxter County, Arkansas, Refunding Bonds dated September 5, 2018
- $28,755,000 City of Bryant, Arkansas Sales and Use Tax Bonds, Refunding and Improvement Taxable Series 2016A and Improvement Series 2016B
- $30,860,000 State of Arkansas Water, Waste Disposal and Pollution Abatement Facilities General Obligation Bonds, Refunding Series 2016A
- $206,530,000 State of Arkansas Federal Highway Grant Anticipation and Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2014
- $33,000,000 Board of Trustees of Henderson State University Auxiliary Enterprise Revenue Secured Bonds, Series 2014
- $468,895,000 State of Arkansas General Obligation Four-Lane Highway Construction and Improvement Bonds, Series 2013
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Arkansas, 2000