D. Michael Moyers
- [email protected]
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
D. Michael Moyers is a partner in the firm’s Municipal and Corporate Finance Practice Group. Michael has practiced public finance law since 2004. His practice has focused on the issuance of bonds and other debt instruments by public instrumentalities in Arkansas and in other states.
He has worked on transactions for the financing of public and nonpublic projects, including bonds sold by underwriters, bonds placed with state and federal governmental agencies, bonds placed with local financial institutions, bonds rated by national rating agencies and insured bonds. These issues have been structured as new money issues, refunding (advance and current) issues and a combination of new money and refunding issues.
Michael has served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and trustee’s counsel. He has prepared rate, election and bond ordinances, trust indentures, resolutions, continuing disclosure agreements, opinions, arbitrage certificates, official statements and other offering documents, escrow agreements and various closing papers and certificates.
Michael has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Public Finance Law and Municipal Law. Since 2012, Michael has been selected as a "Rising Star" in the area of Bonds/Government Finance by the Mid-South Super Lawyers publication. He has also been listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of Municipal Bonds since 2014.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2004
- University of Arkansas, B.S.B.A. in Finance, 2001
- Adjunct Professor, Public Finance, University of Arkansas, Clinton School of Public Service
- Arkansas Association of College and University Business Officers, Bond Compliance Program Speaker
- Arkansas Municipal League, Annual Conference, Bond Compliance Program Speaker
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law and Muncipal Law, Little Rock
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/Commercial: Municipal Bonds, since 2014
- U.S. Department of Agriculture-Rural Development, Community Programs Training, Economic Impact Initiative, Program Speaker
- $108,870,000 Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas Various Facility Revenue Bonds (Fayetteville Campus), Refunding and Improvement Series 2016A and Refunding Series 2016B (Taxable)
- $40,710,000 City of Arkadelphia, Arkansas Public Education Facilities Board (Ouachita Baptist University) Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2016
- $107,750,000 Arkansas Development Finance Authority Hospital Revenue Bonds (Washington Regional Medical Center), Construction Series 2015A, Refunding Series 2015B and Refunding Series 2015C
- $138,910,000 Pulaski County Public Facilities Board Health Care Revenue Bonds (Baptist Health), Series 2014
- $46,485,000 Benton Washington Regional Public Water Authority of the State of Arkansas Water Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2014
- $25,475,000 Jefferson County, Arkansas Hospital Revenue Refunding Bonds (Jefferson Regional Medical Center), Series 2011
- $21,465,000 Ozark Mountain Regional Public Water Authority of the State of Arkansas Water Revenue Bonds, Series 2010
- $7,960,000 Yell County, Arkansas Sales and Use Tax Bonds, Series 2014 (Detention Center Project)
- $3,375,000 City of Eureka Springs, Arkansas Sales and Use Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2012
- $4,830,000 Rich Mountain Community College District General Obligation Refunding and Improvement Bonds (Rich Mountain Community College), Series 2012 and $1,870,000 Board of Trustees of Rich Mountain Community College Student Tuition and Fee Revenue Bonds, Series 2012
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Central Arkansas Advisory Council to The Nature Conservancy, Chair, 2012-2015
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Sigma Chi
- The Nature Conservancy
- Arkansas, 2004