Independent oil and gas producers of all sizes, electric and other utilities and institutional landowners who lease their properties for natural resource exploitation depend on Friday, Eldredge & Clark to protect their interests in contractual agreements, regulatory compliance, employee benefits matters and dispute resolution.
We are called upon to represents our clients' interests before the Arkansas Public Service Commission and the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission, in federal and state courts, before federal and state agencies, and before the Arkansas Legislature.
Focus on Clients
Companies that channel and develop energy and other natural resources in Arkansas, including Fortune 500 companies, rely on us for guidance and representation.
- Electric, water and telephone utilities
- Oil and natural gas exploration
- Drilling companies
- Timber and mining companies
Focus on Services
Business Transactions - We represent energy clients in the purchase and sale of subsidiaries, in merger and acquisition deals with other companies, and in investment arrangements with private investment groups. Often, our lawyers are called upon to handle the energy regulatory matters in these transactions in addition to traditional business counseling.
Regulatory - Our firm represents both utilities and energy companies in their dealings with the Arkansas Public Service Commission and the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission. We advise our clients in regulatory matters that involve rate proceedings, transmission and distribution and power marketing.
Dispute Resolution - Our familiarity with the energy industry enables us to try, settle, arbitrate, or mediate controversies to a successful conclusion, including those that involve leases and contracts, royalty disputes, operating disputes, negligence, toxic tort, injury claims, rate controversies and numerous other matters. We represent our clients in federal and state courts, before federal and state agencies and before the Arkansas Legislature.
Natural Resources Services - We serve the legal needs of investors, operators, participants, and landowners involved in mining and timber operations. We advise landowners and their agents charged with responsibility for managing real estate and natural resources, counseling them on issues associated with their land ownership rights to hard minerals and timber. Our landowner work involves helping owners maximize the natural resource use of their land, and we have negotiated numerous leases of mineral interests on behalf of mineral owners. Often, our lawyers will help clients decide what use they want to make of the land and will construct and manage production agreements that keep the owner in compliance.
- Solar renewable energy
- Negotiation and preparation of agreements
- Rate matters
- Government relations, lobbying and legislation
- State and municipal taxation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Bankruptcy and reorganization
- Bonds and securities
- Employee benefits
Focused on Matters
- A diversified natural gas energy company called on us for representation before the Arkansas Public Services Commission with respect to the sale of its distribution subsidiary.
- We were engaged by an exempt wholesale electricity generator with respect to the proposed sale of its Arkansas generating facilities.
- We defended a Louisiana gas company in a toxic tort case resulting in a jury verdict for the defense.
- We have negotiated numerous leases of mineral interests on behalf of mineral owners.
- We have appeared before county quorum courts and city councils regarding local ordinances.
- We have represented production companies in royalty and ownership controversies.