Energy, Natural Resources, & Utilities
Arkansas is blessed with a wealth of natural resources and companies that channel those resources. Those companies, including Fortune 500 companies—from a variety of sectors within the energy, natural resources, and utilities sectors—have relied on us for guidance and representation.
Water, telephone, electric, oil and natural gas exploration and drilling companies, and timber companies have called on us to represent their interests before the Arkansas Public Service Commission and the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission, in federal and state courts, before federal and state agencies, and before the Arkansas Legislature. We can help, regardless of the issue, in the following areas and more:
- Negotiation and Preparation of Agreements
- Rate Matters
- Government Relations, Lobbying, and Legislation
- State and Municipal Taxation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bankruptcy and Reorganization
- Bonds and Securities
- Employee Benefits
- A diversified natural gas energy company called on us for representation before the Arkansas Public Services Commission with respect to the sale of its distribution subsidiary.
- We were engaged by an exempt wholesale electricity generator with respect to the proposed sale of its Arkansas generating facilities.
- We defended a Louisiana gas company in a toxic tort case resulting in a jury verdict for the defense.
- We have negotiated numerous leases of mineral interests on behalf of mineral owners.
- We have appeared before county quorum courts and city councils regarding local ordinances.
- We have represented production companies in royalty and ownership controversies.