Associations and Memberships
Michael S. Moore is the head of the Labor and Employment Practice Group and a member of the firm's management committee. He focuses on litigation of discrimination cases, wage-hour collective actions, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, FMLA and employee and supervisor training. He is also a frequent speaker on a variety of employment law topics. Mike has extensive experience before the EEOC and the Wage-Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor, as well as litigation experience in both federal and state courts. He is a member of the Pulaski County, Arkansas and American Bar Associations.
Mike is also deeply involved in the business community. He is a board member of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce and is the chair of its Unemployment Insurance Committee. He also has been a member of the Greater Little Rock Chamber of Commerce Leadership Greater Little Rock Advisory Board and was co-chair and chair of the XXV and XXI of that program as well as a graduate.
He has served on a number of non-profit boards in central Arkansas including the American Heart Association, Downtown Rotary Club and currently, the Wolfe Street Foundation. He also served as chair of the Arkansas Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program (JLAP) for six years, and recently was presented the Award of Excellence by the Pulaski County Bar Association for his work with the organization. He was also a member of the Arkansas Supreme Court Commission on Lawyer Well-Being.
Mike was named by The Best Lawyers in America as "Lawyer of the Year" in 2018 for his work in employment law management and "Lawyer of the Year" in 2020 for his work in labor law management.
He recently completed a six-year term as the Chair of the Arkansas Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program. He currently sits on the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Lawyer Well Being.
He is Chair of the firm's Committee on Diversity and Inclusion.
He is top-ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a publication respected for the caliber of its research on listed lawyers. In a recent edition of the publication, it writes:
“Routinely impressing clients with his top-quality work, respected attorney Michael Moore is a leading figure in the market.”
He is also acknowledged in Mid-South Super Lawyers for his work in employment and labor, business litigation and civil rights/first Amendment.
Outside of the office, Michael is an avid runner and cyclist on the Arkansas River Trail in Little Rock.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 1982
- University of Arkansas, B.S.B.A., 1979
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, since 2006
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Named "Lawyer of the Year," Employment Law - Management, Little Rock, 2018
- Named "Lawyer of the Year," Labor Law - Management, Little Rock, 2020
- Named by Arkansas Money and Politics as Legal Elite, Labor and Employment, 2020
- Named to Arkansas Money and Politics' Legal Elite, 2020
- Named to the Mid-South Super Lawyers list, since 2006
- Presented the Award of Excellence by the Pulaski County Bar Association, 2019
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Labor and Employment
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to the Mid-South Super Lawyers List, since 2006
- Top 50: Arkansas Super Lawyers, since 2020
Associations and Memberships
- American Heart Association, Central Arkansas, past Board Member
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Commission on Diversity, Former Co-Chair of Mentorship Committe
- Arkansas Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program Committee, Chair & Vice President, past
- Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Better Business Bureau Education Foundation, Board Member
- Downtown Little Rock Rotary Club, past Board Member
- Department of Workforce Services Advisory Council
- LR Racial & Cultural Diversity Commission, past
- Leadership Greater Little Rock - Greater Little Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Advisory Board
- Co-chair of Class of XXV and chair of Class of XXVI
- Graduate Class of XXII
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Unemployment Insurance Committee, Chair
- University of Arkansas Faculty Award, Criminal Law Studies, 1982
- Wolfe Street Foundation, Board Member
- Arkansas, 1982
- United States District Courts for Eastern & Western Districts of Arkansas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit