Kimberly Dickerson Young
- (501) 370-1429
- (501) 244-5329
Kimberly D. Young is a partner in the firm’s General Litigation Practice Group. Kim’s practice consists of the defense of both personal injury and business litigation resolved through trial work, mediation, and arbitration. She has successfully represented clients in various areas of the law, including wrongful death, products liability, premises liability, general negligence, intellectual property, fiduciary duties, and contractual disputes.
Kim focuses a portion of her practice on appellate work and has appeared as appellate counsel before the Supreme Court of Arkansas, the Arkansas Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Kim has been selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers as a Rising Star each year from 2009 to 2014.
- Marcotte v. United Parcel Service, Inc., United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas, 2007. Serving as first chair, obtained defense verdict in premises liability claim alleging permanent disability.
- Johnson v. First Electric Cooperative Corp., 2008. Saline County Circuit Court, Arkansas. Serving as second chair, obtained defense verdict in wrongful death claim arising out of contact with an energized electrical line.
- Cook v. Clarksville Refrigerated Lines, 2006. Conway County Circuit Court, Arkansas. Serving as second chair, obtained defense verdict in wrongful death and personal injury case arising out of a commercial motor vehicle accident.
- Meyer v. CDI Contractors, LLC, 102 Ark. App. 290, 2008 Ark. App. LEXIS 416 (2008). Prevailed at trial and appellate court level in obtaining summary judgment in favor of the defendant on breach of contract and fraudulent inducement claims.
- Thornton v. Arkansas Valley Electric Cooperative Corporation, 95 Ark. App. 151, 234 S.W.3d 915 (2006). Prevailed at trial and appellate court level in obtaining summary judgment in favor of the defendant on personal injury claim arising out of contact with an energized electrical line.
- Cook v. Clarksville Refrigerated Lines, 2007 Ark. App. LEXIS 767 (2007). Successfully defended jury verdict in favor of the defendant in this wrongful death claim.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, J.D., With High Honors, 2003. Kim was a Bowen Scholar and served as the Associate Notes Editor of Law Review.
- Lyon College, B.A., Politics, summa cum laude, 2000. Kim was a member of Alpha Chi and Lyon's Order of the Tartan and received the 2000 Charles H. Coffin Medal.
- Completed the International Association of Defense Counsel's 2007 Trial Academy
- Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a 2008 Future Star
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, 2009 and 2010
Associations & Memberships
- Alzheimer's Association, Arkansas Chapter
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Junior League of Little Rock
- Lyon College President's Council
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Arkansas, 2003
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas