Trust & Estate Planning
- (501) 370-3334
- (501) 537-2915
Katie Watson is an associate in the Trust and Estate Planning Practice Group and holds a master’s degree in taxation from the University of Florida. Her areas of practice include estate planning, estate and trust administration, estate and gift taxation, tax planning for individuals, entity formation, probate matters and formation and planning for exempt organizations.
Katie also assists clients with a variety of collateral matters that relate to her general practice areas, including premarital agreements, succession planning, charitable planning, real estate matters, life insurance planning, asset protection, multi-generational trusts, planning for special needs beneficiaries and review of fiduciary income tax returns.
- Drafting wills, revocable trusts, gifting trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts and charitable trusts.
- Implementation of gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques to promote multi-generational wealth transfer with minimal tax consequences.
- Coordinating the transfer of closely-held business interests.
- Administration of trusts and estates.
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Formation of nonprofit corporations and charitable trusts and preparation of application for recognition of exempt status.
- Advising public charities and private foundations on operational and compliance issues.
- University of Arkansas, B.S.B.A. in Finance
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, J.D., with high honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Adjunct Professor, Estate and Gift Tax, University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law
- Adjunct Professor, Estate Planning, University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers
Associations & Memberships
- 1L Mentor Program, University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital Committee for the Future
- Central Arkansas Estate Council, Board Member
- Junior League of Little Rock
- Arkansas, 2011