Tonya S. Gierke
- (501) 370-3350
- (501) 244-5336
Tonya S. Gierke is a healthcare attorney who utilizes her background as a compliance officer and her experience in medical record review to assist clients through complex legal issues.
She is a Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC), Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) and Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC).
Her combination of legal and clinical experience, along with her compliance certifications, make her a unique resource for hospitals and healthcare professionals.
Her practice area covers healthcare law including Stark, Anti-kickback, physician and hospital contracting, compliance and other regulatory matters.
Before joining the firm, she served for more than a decade as a compliance officer, risk manager and privacy officer in a hospital setting.
- R.N. Diploma, Methodist School of Nursing, 1990
- B.S.N. Memphis State University, 1993
- E.M.T. Associate Degree, Shelby County Community College, 1995
- J.D. University of Memphis, 2003
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC)
- Spoken at various conferences on a variety of healthcare topics ranging from patient safety issues to compliance issues.
Associations & Memberships
- Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA)
- American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association