Tonya S. Gierke
Health Care Law
- (501) 370-3350
- (501) 244-5336
Tonya S. Gierke joined the firm in August of 2016 after serving for over a decade as a Corporate Compliance Officer, Risk Manager, and Privacy Officer in a hospital setting. Tonya has also practiced law in the area of medical malpractice defense. In addition to having experience in healthcare compliance and legal matters, Tonya’s nursing career includes experience in pediatric oncology, emergency department, and flight nursing. Her practice area covers health care law including Stark, Anti-kickback, physician and hospital contracting, compliance and other regulatory matters.
- R.N. Diploma, Methodist School of Nursing, 1990
- B.S.N. Memphis State University, 1993
- E.M.T. Associate Degree, Shelby County Community College, 1995
- J.D. University of Memphis, 2003
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC)
- Spoken at various conferences (including ARNA, CRMC Perinatal Conference, & AR EMS Annual Conference) on a variety of healthcare topics ranging from patient safety issues to compliance issues.
Associations & Memberships
- Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA)
- Arkansas Bar Association