Robert T. Smith
Mergers & Acquisitions
- (501) 370-1559
- (501) 244-5309
Robert T. Smith is a partner in the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. His diverse corporate practice focuses on representing individuals, companies, and financial institutions in general business, transactional, securities and regulatory matters. He has handled transactions in a variety of industries including the banking, healthcare, broadcasting, retail, manufacturing, real estate and technology industries.
In the banking area, Robert advises clients on merger and acquisition transactions, lending, regulatory compliance and capital raising activities (including government investment programs). He assists companies in corporate finance matters, the offering of debt and equity securities, and counseling directors and executive officers regarding fiduciary duties and corporate governance issues. Robert also regularly represents professionals and professional firms in the formation, expansion, merger, and division of professional practices.
- University of Florida College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2001; Graduate Editor, Florida Tax Review
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, J.D., With Honors, 1999; Associate Editor, UALR Law Review
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock, B.S., With Honors, Accounting, 1996
- Arkansas Business - 40 Under 40, 2013
- Certified Public Accountant (Registered Inactive), Arkansas
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Securities/Capital Markets and Tax Law
- Publication: Practice Tip article on drafting shareholder agreements, Winter 2008 edition of The Arkansas Lawyer
- Publication: Managing Risk in Third Party Contracts, September, 2008 edition of The Arkansas Banker
- Publication: Dodd-Frank: What Every Community Banker Should Know, November, 2010 edition of The Arkansas Banker
- Publication: Small Business Lending Fund Program, February, 2011 edition of The Arkansas Banker
- Publication: JOBS Act, Guest Column, Arkansas Business, April 9, 2015
- Publication: Crowd Funding, Expert Advice, Arkansas Business, November 23, 2015
- Named by The Best Lawyers in America as the Lawyer of the Year 2016, Little Rock, Securities and Capital Markets Law
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyer
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, 2008 and 2009
- Arkansas Bankers Association
- Arkansas Development Finance Authority
- Arkansas Urology
- Arkansas Venture Capital Investment Trust
- Bank of England/Canada Bancshares, Inc.
- Cross County Bank
- Epoch Health
- Endodontic Associates of Arkansas
- Farmers Bank & Trust / Magnolia Banking Corporation
- First National Bank of North Arkansas / First Carroll Bankshares, Inc.
- First National Bank of Fort Smith / First Bank Corporation
- First State Bank / First State Banking Corporation
- Gateway Bank / Sigma Holdings, Inc.
- GBMc & Associates, Inc.
- Generations Bank / Harrell Bancshares, Inc.
- HARCO Constructors, LLC
- Horticare Companies
- Intimidator, Inc.
- MedEvolve, Inc.
- Noalmark Broadcasting Corporation
- Orion Capital Partners Central, L.L.C.
- PinPoint Testing, LLC
- Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects, Ltd.
- Riverside Furniture Corporation
- Rubber & Gasket Company of America, Inc.
- Simmons Bank
- Student Mobilization
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Heart Association – Central Arkansas, Member of Corporate Committee
- Arkansas Bar Association, Tax Section; Chairman, 2008—2009
- Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA), Taxation Committee; Federal Tax Institute Committee, Co-Chair 2006, 2008
- Arkansas Rice Depot, Board of Directors, 2003-2008
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), Board of Directors
- Leadership Arkansas, Class IV
- Risk Management Association, Board of Directors
- Arkansas, 1999