Tory H. Lewis
- (501) 370-3374
- (501) 224-5334
Tory H. Lewis is a member of the firm’s Litigation Group. Her practice focuses on business litigation and appellate advocacy. Tory has clerked for the Honorable J. Leon Holmes, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, and the Honorable Lavenski R. Smith, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. As a federal law clerk, Tory developed experience in multiple substantive areas including constitutional law, statutory interpretation, class action defense, labor and employment, contract law, habeas corpus and common law torts.
Tory graduated first in her class from Vanderbilt University Law School, where she was elected executive editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review. During law school, Tory helped brief a successful appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals in a case involving a claim for protection under the Convention Against Torture. She also gained valuable pro bono experience through the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee.
Tory serves on the auxiliary board of The Allen School, a school for children with disabilities, and she is a Compassion International child sponsor.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., Founder’s Medalist (first in class), 2009.
- Vanderbilt Law Review, Executive Editor, 2008-09.
- University of Arkansas, B.S.A. in Agricultural Business, summa cum laude, 2006.
- Hon. Lavenski Smith, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (2011-12)
- Hon. J. Leon Holmes, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas (2009-11)
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- The Allen School, auxiliary board member, Compassion International child sponsor
- Arkansas, 2009