Jamie Huffman Jones
Litigation, Business and Class Action Litigation
- (501) 370-1430
- (501) 244-5340
Jamie Huffman Jones is a partner in the Business and Class Action Litigation Practice Group. She focuses primarily on class actions and appellate procedure in the defense of class actions, constitutionality issues in class actions and commercial disputes. Jamie also handles FELA litigation and regulatory litigation for Union Pacific Railroad Company and Section 1983 litigation for municipal clients.
Jamie has successfully represented clients in a wide-range of matters, including wrongful death claims, toxic tort claims, product liability claims, class actions and the Arkansas Trade Secrets Act. She has argued before the Arkansas Supreme Court on issues such as the constitutionality of the Arkansas Civil Justice Reform Act.
Jamie has lectured extensively on issues surrounding electronic discovery and on online research at the Arkansas Bar Association’s Annual Meeting and Mid-Year Meeting, Eighth Circuit Practicum and Best of CLE. She was also interviewed by Arkansas Business concerning her views on electronic discovery.
She has been selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2008 and named a "Rising Star." In 2015, Little Rock Soiree and Arkansas Business named Jamie one of the "Best Lawyers" in Business Litigation. Jamie was also elected in 2016 to the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2003; Order of the Coif; Managing Editor, Kansas Law Review, University of Kansas School of Law Class of 1949 Class Leadership Award, 2003
- University of Arkansas, B.A., in Psychology, magna cum laude, 2000; W.J. Richards Memorial Award, University of Arkansas Psychology Department, 2000, SILO Undergraduate Research Fellow, 2000, Dean's Scholar, 2000
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, since 2008
- Top score on Arkansas Bar Exam, July 2003
- University of Kansas School of Law "Class of 1949 Class Leadership Award," 2003
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association House of Delegates, Pulaski County, elected 2013
- Arkansas Association of Defense Council
- Arkansas Arts Center, Current Ex-Officio Trustee of Board of Trustees
- Chi Omega
- Defense Research Institute
- IADC Trial Academy, 2008
- Junior League of Litle Rock: Sustainer and Past Member of Board of Directors, Member of the Year 2013
- Leadership Academy Graduate, 2013
- Overton Inn of Court
- Phi Delta Phi
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Arkansas, 2003
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas