Kevin A. Crass
Litigation, Business and Class Action Litigation
- (501) 370-1592
- (501) 244-5370
Kevin A. Crass serves as head of the firm’s Class Action and Business Litigation Practice Group. He focuses his practice on significant, complex business litigation in federal and state courts including the defense of claims involving class actions, securities fraud, ERISA, business torts, trade secrets, patent and trademark infringement, product liability, environmental and toxic torts, and breach of contract, among others. Kevin also provides clients with representation before governmental bodies and counsels them in regulatory matters.
Kevin is listed in Chambers and Partners USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for Commercial Litigation. Chambers is particularly well regarded for the quality and rigor of its research regarding firms and attorneys listed. With regard to Kevin, it said, “Kevin Crass heads the class action practice group and is noted for his outstanding skills as a litigator. He also provides representation in a number of defense claims involving ERISA, business and toxic tort, securities fraud and breach of contract issues.”
“Kevin Crass heads the class action practice group and is noted for his outstanding skills as a litigator. He also provides representation in a number of defense claims involving ERISA, business and toxic tort, securities fraud and breach of contract issues.”
He currently serves on the Board of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals Bar Association. He previously served on the Federal Practice Committee for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, having been appointed by the judges in that district. Kevin also represents clients before alternative dispute resolution bodies such as FINRA and the American Arbitration Association. Since 1997, he has served as personal counsel to Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Ouachita Baptist University, B.A., with honors, 1981
- Listed in Chambers and Partners USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Commercial Litigation
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation - Mass Tort and for Personal Injury Litigation
- Listed in Benchmark Litigation as a Litigation Star 2009
- Named Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation 2017
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers, Top 50: 2016 Arkansas
- Served as an Arkansas Supreme Court Special Justice, 1997 and 2004
- Cargill, Inc.
- Ernst & Young, LLP
- Former Governor Mike Huckabee, Arkansas
- Stephens Inc.
- Tyson Foods, Inc.
Associations & Memberships
- American, Arkansas and Pulaski County Bar Associations
- Arkansas War Memorial Stadium Commission, appointed by Governor Huckabee and appointed Chair by Governor Mike Beebe
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Arkansas Bar Outstanding Lawyer Citizen, 2010
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas, Board Member and President, 2005-2006
- DRI (formerly Defense Research Institute), State Liaison to Business Litigation Committee
- Eight Circuit Court of Appeals Bar Association Board Member
- Federal Practice Committee for United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas 2009-2010
- First Tee of Central Arkansas Board Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- President's Advisory Committee on the Arts to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, appointed by President Bush
- University of Arkansas Medical Sciences Foundation Fund Board, Chair 2012-2014
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock Board of Visitors
- Arkansas, 1984
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas