Donald H. Bacon
- (501) 370-1539
- (501) 244-5352
Donald H. Bacon is a member of Friday, Eldredge & Clark’s Management Committee and a partner in both the Litigation Practice Group and Medical Malpractice Practice Group. While he has represented a diverse set of clients in a variety of litigation, most recently, his focus has been in the area of professional liability representing lawyers, doctors, accountants and insurance agents. In addition to representing them in court, he has represented lawyers before the Office of Professional Conduct and has represented doctors before the State Medical Board. He continues to litigate in a number of other areas such as products liability, aviation and wrongful death.
As part of his statewide practice, his 180 jury trials have taken him to circuit courts in over half the Arkansas counties and over three-fourths of the 11 Federal District Courts.
Don’s designations as a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and a Diplomate in the American Board of Trial Advocacy verifies his experience. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2005 for his work in Legal Malpractice Law, Medical Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation. In addition, he was chosen Arkansas’ Outstanding Defense Attorney for 2003-2004.
Most recent trials involved defense of two lawyers, five doctors, a hospital, an EMS company, a product manufacturer and one airplane crash. They involved claims for “locked-in” syndrome, deaths, traumatic brain injury, million- dollar plus property damage and the loss of a business.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., With Honors, 1978; Arkansas Law Review, Articles Editor and Associate Editor
- University of Arkansas, B.A., Omicron Delta Kappa
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel Outstanding Defense Attorney Award, 2003—2004
- Articles Editor and Associate Editor, Arkansas Law Review
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Diplomate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2005
- Pulaski County Special Judge
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2006; Top 50: 2016 Arkansas Super Lawyer List
- District Attorney the largest Class One freight railroad in the country, 1991—2005
Associations & Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Diplomate, former Chapter President and National Board Representative
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow and former State Chair
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, former President
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- International Association of Defense Counsel, 1985—2012
- Pulaski County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 1996—1997
- William R. Overton American Inn of Court, Master of the Bench, 2008-2014
- Arkansas, 1978
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas; Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals